Grass-Fed beef pros
- Less total fat
- more heart-healthy omega-3
- More linoleic acid which reduces the risk of heart disease and cancer
- More antioxidants, such as vitamin E
- Grass-fed beef has the same total fat as antelope, deer and elk!
While there seems to be a lot of talk about choosing grass-fed rather than conventional beef, the biggest difference is the essential fat comparison.
While conventional beef is fed grains to fatten up, grass-fed beef receives all of the organic nutrients it was designed to receive, so leaner beef comes from grass-fed cattle.
Grass-fed beef Cons
- Cattle are typically much more pricey, and it may be hard to make that extra purchase. If this is a barrier for you, I recommend eating lean proteins such as chicken, pork or fish over conventional beef because fish, pork and poultry are not fed hormones like beef cattle are.