I have always tried taking care of my hair so it is long, luscious and healthy but my first couple years in college I decided to cut it a bunch of times and to not take care of it as I needed. Eventually my hair became fried, short, unhealthy and rough.
My biggest security blanket: my hair. I love being able to hide behind my hair when I am feeling antisocial or sleepy. I love the feeling of having healthy, long hair; it makes me feel more confident and elegant. While I know that my hair does not enhance my endearment or beauty, I just love the feeling it brings me.
- 1,000 mg of biotin vitamin
- 5 sprays of my Mermaid Hair blend -
- 30 drops of rosemary oil +
- 30 drops of lavender oil +
- 30 drops of cederwood oil +
- 2-3 oz Witch Hazel +
- Top off with water
- Lather the ends of my hair with Coconut oil + Lavender oil
- Brush hair with a soft-bristled brush, try to prevent breaking tangles
- Loose braid to wrap my hair together and to prevent sleeptime breakage
Out of shower routine:
- 5 sprays/pumps of my Mermaid Hair Spray
- 4 pumps of It's A 10 (trying to find a more natural de-tangler and anti-friz spray, recipes coming when I discover)
- Comb hair with a wide-toothed comb to prevent hair breakage
Once a Week Hair Mask:
- Warm mixture in hands, if needed. Apply and let soak for 15 minutes in hair, then apply shampoo directly to hair (DO NOT wet hair until AFTER shampooing hair). Lather, rinse, repeat if necessary!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 drops cedarwood oil
- 3 drops peppermint oil
- 3 drops rosemary oil