This past week I challenged myself and my wellness adventurers to run every single morning. While that seems like something we all do everyday, that is actually IDEAL for us all to achieve and I wanted the extra motivation to get out of bed each morning to run and do some conditioning.
My challenge started with a few people and grew to a great number, all encouraging and keeping each other accountable! I found myself encouraged, stronger and more motivated this week than ever before! It is so important to have accountability partners/friends to motivate you to get out of bed at 6am.
Here is what my mornings looked like and how I fit it into nursing school final exam schedule:
- I set my alarm bright and early, splashed my face with some water, drank a glass of lemon water and inhaled peppermint as I headed to brush my teeth to WAKE ME UP!
- Got all of my workout essentials ready within the first 10 minutes of crawling out of bed. I have noticed that the longer I wait to go outside to exercise, the more hesitant I become.
- Grabbed a glass of water, headed outside, stretched and focused my mind on my body (this took 5 minutes).
- Went on my run. I ran 1.5-3 miles, depending on the day. Check out Couch to 5K app for coaching!
- Afterwards, I did some conditioning and STRETCHED! For my conditioning, I switched from upper body to lower body every other day. (I will post my conditioning workouts soon)
- I cooled down by listening to Upper Room Worship's soundtrack: CHECK IT OUT, and meditating.
If you are looking for a good app to help motivate and coach you, I recommend the Couch 2 5K app. I have such such amazing reviews from this app, as it coaches and understands your intensity!