So, after my week long trial run of my cardio challenge, I decided that it was super successful and gave everyone so much motivation to get out, get active and get fit! Since the success and popularity, I am going to have a summer-long cardio challenge.
This Cardio Challenge has many incentives: better health, better shape, nice looking body, overall wellness, more energy, access to workouts, access to a motivational group of friends, and ways to receive prizes! Yes - you heard that right, if you participate in my summer long cardio challenge, you care eligible to win small prizes throughout the summer to show how much I am cheering you on! Along with that, you will be given information on healthy eating habits, proper fitness attire and beneficial workouts.
- Anyone is able to join throughout the summer, so add your friends, family and romantic others to join! We want to see life changes, people promoting their wellbeing, health being restored... so why not invite everybody?! Read my blog post on WHY exercise is so important for your health and body!
- You must perform some type of cardio exercise 3 x week. Cardio exercise includes, jogging, sprinting, brisk walking, stair stepping, cycling, swimming, jumping rope, & high intensity interval training. Read about cardio training in this blog post.
- Each time you perform your cardio, I want you to snap a picture (doesn't have to be of yourself, I know we get sweaty) and send it in our group message on GroupMe! We are all cheering each other on, and it is so fun getting to know other's journey!
- On those 4 off days, you must continue to fuel your body with nutrients and WATER! I ask that you eat 3-4 x a day with a high nutritional value. Now, I understand the late night cravings for Whataburger, but don't indulge too often! It is okay to enjoy yourself and have an extra cookie, just don't do it every day and fill the rest of your meals with nutrients.
- Take before & after pictures! You can keep these photos stored and locked away in your phone, but it is so rewarding to see the fruit of your labor once you have completed a summer-long training series! Enjoy your new body!
- You must follow Meggie's Wellness on instagram, @MeggiesWellness
Now, I am not asking for your entire summer to change plans. If you are going on vacation, go enjoy yourself without having to workout! If you accidentally miss a day, you have 3 other days to find time to fit in your cardio! We all have different schedules, different routines and different strengths. If you are setting a goal to accomplish 1 mile in 10 minutes, then that is an awesome goal for you! If you are training for a marathon, then GO GET IT! We all are at different places, so I am going to try and meet you there!
how to join
- Download the GroupMe app on your cellular device through the app store.
- Join my Summer Cardio Challenge group on GroupMe.
- Introduce yourself to our group.
- Perform cardio 3 x week, each time you work it out, SNAP A PICTURE and send it in the GroupMe. The picture does not have to be of yourself, it can be of your fitness watch, tennis shoes, pool, trail, bike, or whatever your heart wants to inspire the group with.
If you need help on how to increase your distance and decrease your time, we will be talking more throughout the summer. By the end of August we should have HUGE differences between our workouts from May!
I can not wait to see the glory and success! xx