Easy-peasy 7-step facial that will change your complexion
I think facials are the most important thing in the self-care industry. I try to get a professional facial every other month. But, it is hard to find a professional to do it with all-natural products that don’t damage your skin long-term.
A quick and easy thing you can do to spice up your self-care routine and add an additional spazz to your girl’s night and do one on each other!
What you will need & my recommendations:
1. Gentle cleanser
a. ART Gentle Cleaner by Young Living
2. Exfoliating scrub
a. Satin Mint Facial Scrub by Young Living
4. Face mask
a. ART Crème Masque (let sit for 20 min) by Young Living
5. Face moisturizer
a. ART Light Moisturizer by Young Living
a. ART Toner by Young Living, or Frankincense Essential Oil
1. Clean. Remove all makeup (I like to use the Seedlings Wipes for this) and then wash your face, neck and ears with a gentle facial cleanser.
2. Exfoliate. Using your exfoliating scrub, gently rub in using your fingertips starting on your temples moving into your forehead in gentle circular motions. Then start at your jaw line and work it into your cheeks, chin and nose. Paying extra attention to your forehead and nose. You can also add in a lip scrub to this step as well! I love the Poppy Seed lip scrub by Young Living.
3. Steam. Fill your sink with hot/warm water and soak a couple of washcloths in it. Ring out the towel and then press it onto your face 2-3 times. This locks in the moisture and cleans the exfoliating scrub off. It also adds a touch of refreshment when you add lavender oil to your water.
4. Massage. A gentle stroke and massage on the jaw line and temples goes a long way for your circulation and pressure points.
5. Mask. If you have oily skin, clay masks work best. If you have dry skin, cream or gel masks work best. Work this into your face gently and leave it on for the recommended time the directions suggest on the masks label.
6. Tone. Use a toner to balance the pH on your skin. After you exfoliate, it can take hours for your skin to naturally secrete enough oils to balance the pH. Here you will need to use a toner to neutralize the acidity.
7. Hydrate. Moisturize your skin with a smooth, thick moisturizer all over your face and neck.